NOTICE: TributePrintedPics allows ONLY age 18+ & Lawful content. Disallowed content will result in ban/legal action
free cum tribute Live cams!
Click Here to register for a free forum account.
Simple 1-step registration process. Be able to Upload Photos/Post Topics/PM Users/Chat, Remove Pop-ups and access many more features.

⚠️Chat Room and Karma Points explained...and how to use them

An evergrowing random selection of the best and top rated forum posts on the site. Come here to view some premium public content!

⚠️Chat Room and Karma Points explained...and how to use them

Unread postby ert » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Note: you must be using Desktop Version of site to use the Chat Room and Karma User-Feedback Functions
Click here to visit the Desktop Version of the site

Chat Room: (18+)
Click HERE to visit the TributePrintedPics Chat Center
The TributePrintedPics Chat Center is a 24 hour 7 days a week chat room to instantly chat with other users on TributePrintedPics.com.
The chat room is only avaliable on the Desktop Site. Click here to visit the Desktop Version of the site. You must be a registered user to use the chat room. Click here to register.

To send chat messages, enter your message into the box and then press enter or tap on the submit button. Messages are updated every 2 seconds. You may attach ONLY THUMBNAILS by uploading a thumbnail to an image sharing site and using the img bbcode tags. Full size image posters risk being banned from the chat. Kindly limit your messages to one per 30 seconds

a.png
a.png (92.04 KiB)
Viewed 135339 times

REMINDER: THIS SITE DOES NOT ALLOW UPLOADING/POSTING/SHARING OF Unlawful CONTENT. THIS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN AND WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT BAN
Karma Points:note: you must be using desktop version of site to use karma functions
Karma points: (+Karma/-Karma) are used on this board as a way to give recognition, appreciation, and thanks for good posts, replies, work well done , and all around good contributions to the board. Bad karma points (-Karma) can also be given for those who do you wrong, or as a way to warn others about a negative experience you had with a registered user.

Karma points (+ or -) can be given once every 24 hours AFTER you have contributed a MINIMUM of 10 posts . Once you reach 10 posts, you can give or take one karma point to a registered user, once in a 24 hour period. These 10 posts must be worthwhile, and not be spam/nonsense or your account and possible IP will be banned.

USERS WITH A NEGATIVE KARMA LEVEL ARE UNABLE TO USE THE KARMA USER-FEEDBACK FUNCTION.

To give or take a karma point, find any post by the user you wish to give karma to, and beneath their name on the right hand side of their post, you will see a [+karma] and [-karma] buttons (see screenshot below). The buttons should appear right above the [PM] button. Click on the appropriate button and then leave a comment as to why you are giving or taking a karma point. Also you can usually view a person's karma comments, unless the person has selected not to share their karma comments publicly. To view their karma comments, just click on the karma number above the karma buttons.

If you do not see these karma buttons yet, you probably have not met the 10 post minimum requirement.

Karma can be a good indicator of a person's reputation. A person with a lot of karma points can generally be trusted, where as you might think twice before dealing with people with negative karma.

Users may only provide one karma point per post or direct user. If you wish to issue more than one karma level to the same user please use the karma button on one of their other posts. Or make a new account, reach 10 posts and provide karma again.

note: you must be using desktop version of site to use karma functions
karma1.JPG
karma1.JPG (23.33 KiB)
Viewed 160556 times
ert

Re: Karma points explained...and how to give them

Unread postby chinchin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:58 pm

thanks for letting us know, i was having a hard time, people stopped asking how to give karma in the chat box, it great to have i spot to look at when i forget
chinchin

Unread postby ert » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:29 pm

me too...got tired of explaining karma in chat and pms...now I can just refer them to this post!
ert

Unread postby drpepper » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 am

dilbert wrote:Karma points: (+Karma) are used on this board as a way to give recognition, appreciation, and thanks for good posts, replies, work well done , and all around good contributions to the board. Bad karma points (-Karma) can also be given for those who do you wrong, or as a way to warn others about a negative experience you had with a registered user.

Or as retribution to someone who gave you negative karma.
As I've already found out. >.<
drpepper
Active Poster

Unread postby adm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:14 pm

you can also allow other users to view your Karma comments via a setting in your User Control Panel under the board preferences tab and then click on karma settings on the left bar
*TributePrintedPics LOOKING FOR MODS APPLY VIA EMAIL: MODS[AT]TributePrintedPics[DOT]COM
Found rule-breaking pictures or posts? Report the URLs to abuse[at]TributePrintedPics{dot}com
adm
Site Admin

Unread postby Crim » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:41 am

Yes, for those who have nothing to hide, hit No to the question Show Comments Only For Me under your karma settings. :lol:
Crim

Unread postby lefthookguru » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks for that, no wonder i've been unable to give any before.
lefthookguru

Unread postby lefthookguru » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Seems i'm about 5 posts off, but i'll be backdating the 3 or so karma I owe you dilbert once I reach 10 posts.
lefthookguru

Unread postby HLHS » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks a lot, always been wondering how to give Karma.
HLHS

Unread postby hugetitlover » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:30 am

Thanks for the explanation. I've been wondering, too
hugetitlover

Unread postby GermyGary » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:42 am

This info should probably be in the FAQ as well.
GermyGary

Unread postby Persona non grata » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Whether it's in the FAQ or not - it makes no difference whatsoever. Peeps should FIRST educate the basics of civility and THEN go online messing about on the boards requesting stuff.
>>>Retired<<<
Persona non grata
Respected Member
Respected Member

Unread postby ert » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:22 pm

GermyGary wrote:This info should probably be in the FAQ as well.

...tell the admin...I did...and he made me create this thread. I guess he is too lazy to cut and paste it into his FAQS. Please feel free to suggest to admin again....
ert

Unread postby Camslt » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:15 pm

I didn't understand why I can't give karma points... So thank you very much ^^
Camslt

Unread postby zbtb » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:44 am

Ditto - I spent quite a while searching around the FAQ page and there wasn't a word about any of this. Thank you.
Mostly harmless. But make sure your daughter/sister/wife is on the pill, just in case.
zbtb
Respected Member
Respected Member

Unread postby zbtb » Mon May 07, 2012 8:56 am

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know how to become a respected member? Searched the faq and I didn't see it explained. I mainly ask because I just noticed that I'm now a respected member and I'm curious how it happened. Is it just a matter of collecting enough karma points?

Me. A respected member of the TributePrintedPics community. Heh. TributePrintedPics is probably the only place in the world where I'd earn respect for the things I do around here.
Mostly harmless. But make sure your daughter/sister/wife is on the pill, just in case.
zbtb
Respected Member
Respected Member

Unread postby Persona non grata » Mon May 07, 2012 9:14 am

Same here. Think it's a sort of Admin privilege. ;)
>>>Retired<<<
Persona non grata
Respected Member
Respected Member

Unread postby siouxguy1 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:45 am

thank you haha i had no idea until now
siouxguy1

Unread postby heavymachinegun » Sat May 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Thank you! Now I can go and give karmas!
heavymachinegun

Unread postby zbtb » Tue May 15, 2012 4:41 am

They exist... seen about three with -1.
zbtb
Respected Member
Respected Member

Unread postby Persona non grata » Fri May 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Ungrateful and ignorant sociopaths I say - a killer combination actually. :roll:
>>>Retired<<<
Persona non grata
Respected Member
Respected Member

Unread postby blury_vision » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:20 am

Thanks for the explination. It was really helpful.
blury_vision

Unread postby ziofrank » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Persona non grata wrote:Ungrateful and ignorant sociopaths I say - a killer combination actually. :roll:

yes, up to a point. but methinks there's one more vital ingredient. "ungrateful and ignorant - and HORNY."
a lethal mix in the wrong hands.
ziofrank

Unread postby whatwhat1990 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Whey, was wondering how this worked for a while, now ...dont feel quite as Dumb, lol
whatwhat1990

Unread postby MarketO » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:56 pm

hotspotz wrote:I think somewhere in the rules it said there was a 12 hour waiting period before you could give another in instead of 24. But I saw that a while ago.

24 hours is the period after you have made a minimum of 10 posts,
12 is the time you can give another after you've given one

correct me if im wrong ;)
MarketO

Unread postby kitkat980 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks so much for this! I was scouring the FAQS looking for this explanation. This should be stickied
kitkat980

Unread postby pablo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:45 pm

thanks its a useful guide i wondered what karma was :D
pablo

Unread postby byro » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:35 am

dilbert wrote:Karma points: (+Karma) are used on this board as a way to give recognition, appreciation, and thanks for good posts, replies, work well done , and all around good contributions to the board. Bad karma points (-Karma) can also be given for those who do you wrong, or as a way to warn others about a negative experience you had with a registered user.

Karma points (+ or -) can be given once every 24 hours AFTER you have contributed a MINIMUM of 10 posts . Once you reach 10 posts, you can give or take one karma point to a registered user, once in a 24 hour period.

To give or take a karma point, find any post by the user you wish to give karma to, and beneath their name on the right hand side of their post, you will see a [+karma] and [-karma] buttons (see screenshot below). The buttons should appear right above the [PM] button. Click on the appropriate button and then leave a comment as to why you are giving or taking a karma point. Also you can usually view a person's karma comments, unless the person has selected not to share their karma comments publicly. To view their karma comments, just click on the karma number above the karma buttons.

If you do not see these karma buttons yet, you probably have not met the 10 post minimum requirement.

Karma can be a good indicator of a person's reputation. A person with a lot of karma points can generally be trusted, where as you might think twice before dealing with people with negative karma.

I wanted to give you a good karma point for this explanation but the button does not appear on the right. Thanks anyway
byro

Unread postby backstabber65 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:26 am

thanks
backstabber65

Unread postby backstabber65 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:26 am

thanks
backstabber65

Next Page

• Recommended Topics:
    Replies